I know this won’t surprise many of you but I have to say, I agree with Hilary, “it takes a village.” When you get three at once it takes a village and all the surrounding ones as well.
So since we have just left a “village” with such excellent friends and neighbors we have high expectations for the next. The following are some of our minimum requirements:
• good fences make bad play dates so someplace where the kids around the corner and across the street are great fun
• neighbors who know it’s always 5 o’clock someplace
• veterans of the area who can tell you who to call for a broken toilet or where to take your dry cleaning
• moms who know that walking with strollers is for venting and joking not for exercise
• friends who don’t need to be asked for help, they just know
• two emmies
• one vitamix
• Easter egg hunt
• Halloween parade
• lots of flowering trees
• at least one nonagenarian
• parades where the blankets go out up to 3 days before
• dog friendly even if they do pee on your feet, eat your snacks And crap in your lawn
• school carnivals to spare
• and let’s not forget multiples if there aren’t at least 3 sets of twins around we won’t know what to do with ourselves.
We love you Fairfield!